Spring has sprung! Ready to spring into action?!

Updated: Mar 1



There’s something about the thawing temperatures and the lighter mornings/evenings that makes us unfurl like a daffodil in spring time! If you’ve been wrapped up in your duvet all winter, now is the perfect time to reignite your motivation, break out of your winter sluggishness and HAVE SOME FUN! Here’s my easy plan to get you off the sofa:

1. Choose something you like doing or try something new, it’s easier to stick to something you enjoy. Why not try a different class – Pilates, Boxfit, RockBox or Clubbercise? If you haven’t been to a class for a while, don’t be embarrassed, we don’t judge, we’re just happy you’ve come along 2. Set a goal and follow a plan. Whether you’d like to drop a dress size, look great in that special bikini or improve your flexibility, decide what you need to do daily, weekly and monthly to achieve your goal. But make it a realistic goal – if you dream of running a marathon, that’s great but start with a park run and work up from there. 3. Start off slow, if you’ve been inactive for a while or if you’re just starting out it may feel hard at first but relish that great feeling you get after you exercise. Increase your walking outside, take the stairs and maybe exercise with a friend so you can encourage each other.

4. Reward yourself as you go along, for instance, after a 6-week block of classes get yourself a new piece of exercise kit or a new item for your wardrobe (chances are you’re going to be changing shape and will need new clothes!) 5. Keep a diary of your progress. It’s so amazing to look back and see how far you’ve come, especially when you’re feeling a bit down in the dumps or have hit a plateau. Don’t focus on the weight you’ve lost but how different you are feeling, how much better you’re sleeping, how your confidence has increased!

So come alive this spring, you won’t regret it! No matter what your age, shape or size, meet people just like you and put the fun back into your fitness.


We have 25 fitness classes around Abingdon, Didcot and Wantage for you to try this spring! Visit www.gemmapearcefitness.co.uk/timetable for more information.


3 views

Recent Posts

See All

What’s Stopping You?

It’s estimated that 20% of the UK population are members of a gym or attend a fitness class. Congratulations to them, but it makes me think... what about the other 80% of people? Why are they not gett

© 2020 by Gemma Pearce Fitness. 

0